Sunday, March 16, 2008

JUMP START


Greetings geeksters! Just here to keep you posted on my preperations for the CAG annual story I am working on called, ( tentitively ) FIRST IN FLIGHT. The actual script for the story is just begining to be hammered together this week, but since I got my first round of reference photos heading into this past weekend, I decided to jump ahead and whip up a splash page.


Now... this page above, ( and the one below ) are strictly sample pages, ( think of them as elaborate thumbnail sketches ) I did them just for pure fun. It also helps me practice the background scenery. Because these two pages will not be going into the book, I took the liberty to make up some dialouge based on my rough understanding of the story outline, just to have the opportunity to practice my word balloons, lettering, ect. The actual story will, ( I am pretty sure ) use computerized text and lettering.


These are only warm-up excercises after all, so I have decided to limit my time spent on each page to about 3 hours. I wasn't able to polish this one up as much as I would have liked given my self imposed time constraints, but all in all it was a pretty good excersice~


Now if I could just get some details about that Ghoul story to start scribbiling on....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a good warm up page, Mike. That's a good idea to do warm ups like this and get the feel of things. Sometimes I find myself getting a little too hasty with the preliminary work.