Monday, February 19, 2007

LOOK...UP IN THE SKY! IT'S PROF. STONE!!!


At last... at long last it is finished. You see before you the final spot illo for the new book, ( sure to make the NY Times best seller list ) Professor Stone, and the Eye of Re.


I am so very glad to have had this opportunity to work on such a cool project. I cannot thank Ron Fortier enough for giving me this incredible opportunity. I also want to thank Wayne ( Judge ) Skiver for his enthusiastic response to my illustrations. Anthony, and Rob...Thanks to you also for "tweaking" my doodles to make them printable. Finally thanks to everyone who encouraged me along the way~


It is going to be so exciting to hold the finished book in my hands just a few short weeks from now! I have great faith the book will be a tribute to the Wildcat line of pulp novels.


Help prove me right everybody..... by ordering your copy soon!

6 comments:

Ron Fortier said...

You did a fantastic job on all this, Mitch. Thanks so very much. Hopefully within the next two weeks we'll be
able to tell everyone where to buy a copy of this book. And Megan, it is a novel, not a comic. Will cost about
$20 when it comes out.

Anthony Schiavino said...

You do realize this book looks fantastic Mitch! It's really really nice. Can't wait to read it myself!

Wayne Skiver said...

You did some good work bringing my character to life Mitch. The end result is going to be great.
Thanks man.

Nowwww about the second Stone book.
Muah-Ha-Ha-Ha-Haaaa!

Wayne Skiver said...

Actually Megan, he meant its an actual novel. Not a comic or "Graphic Novel" if you prefer, but a prose work illustrated here and there (about 3 pics per story)by Mitch's great illustrations.

Good lord...I can only imagine scripting all these stories as a Comic series! Not enough hours in the day! haha

Wayne Skiver said...

Prof. Stone is very much an Indiana Jones type character. Set in the 1930's He is an adventurer, explorer, inventor who travels the globe searching for excitement. As a young man he learned (with the help of his photographic memory)ancient mystic disciplines which allow him to harden his skin for brief amounts of time, to be as hard as granite.

This first book contains 5 short stories and one "novella" (Thats a story thats too long to be considered a short story but not long enough to be its own book) Its illustrated, but the stories are written, like any paperback book you would buy at the book store.

I hope that description helps Megan. :-)

Ron Fortier said...

Megan, Wayne is the writer of all the Professor Stone stories. He sent them to me, I put them all together in a book and asked Mike to draw a few spot illustrations for each story. And that's how the book all came together. Wayne is the writer-creator of the character, Mike is the illustrator of the book, Anthony is our book designer and I'm the editor. And it should be on sale in just about a week now.
Hope that cleared things up.
Ron