Wednesday, June 14, 2006

NOT BACK TO WORK SO SOON MASTER!


Yes it's hard to believe but my vacation is over after tomorrow. I must say I had a really great time drawing, and blogging with all you good people out there. I plan on working on zombie boy all day tomorrow, as long as I don't get side-tracked with another horror piece.

It's all Matt Dembicki's fault. He turned me on to a great monster site http://www.gdarkness.com/monstermags/
which led me to: http://www.filmlandclassics.com Which led me to pulling out all my old horror mag's and pouring...no, DROOLING, over all the gorgeous black and white photography. A few years back I would not have been secure enough in my inking skills to tackle some of this material, but now I figure...what the hell.

Here is a portrait I did this afternoon of actor Dwight Frye who portrayed Renfield in the 1931 classic "DRACULA"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mitch, that is a great Dwight Frye. He was always one of my favorites in all those classic horror yarns. Damn shame he's not better remembered today.
Ron